Recipe featured in the film "Eating You Alive".
Recipe by Brandi Doming and can be found at theVegan8.com.
1 medium white onion, chopped
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1-2 cups vegetable broth
1/2 C. Cashews
1/4 C. Nutritional Yeast
1/4 tsp. Black Pepper
1/2 tsp. Salt
1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Soak cashews overnight if you don’t have a high-powered blender
- Add one cup of the broth and onion to a large pan over medium-low heat. Add garlic after 2 minutes and cook for about 6 more minutes until onion is very tender, and the broth has evaporated.
- Put the onion and garlic into a blender with ¾ cup of remaining broth. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until very creamy and smooth. Add more broth to reach desired consistency, and more salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve over preferred whole-grain pasta.
- Garnish with parsley and lemon zest if desired.