- 1 Recipe Tofu Ricotta
- 1 10oz package frozen chopped spinach thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ package of whole grain lasagna noodles (whole wheat/brown rice etc) cooked and drained
- 1 24oz jar of oil free/sugar-free prepared marinara sauce or 3 cups of homemade oil-free sugar-free marinara
Cover the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish or one of similar size with 1 cup of marinara set aside.
Cook 6 whole grain lasagna noodles according to directions. Drain.
Mix chopped/drained spinach in with the tofu ricotta until well incorporated.
Lay noodles out flat and spoon ⅓ - ½ cup of the tofu ricotta/spinach filling over the length of the noodle. Roll noodle up and place seam down in the prepared baking dish, or you may also wish to stand the noodle up for presentation. Repeat the process with the remaining 5 noodles.
Spoon remaining marinara over the noodles and cover with foil. Bake at 350º for about 30 minutes until heated through and marinara is bubbling.
TOFU RICOTTA - yields approximately 2 ½ C
- 1 (14-ounce) block firm tofu, drained and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mellow white miso
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper